Work For Us
Dental Assessors - Nationwide
Tempdent are looking for qualified assessors for our very popular apprenticeship in Dental Nursing. The role is home-based with occasional travel, excellent remuneration and an amazing team.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To carry out regular online and workplace assessments of Apprenticeship learners or standalone Diploma.
- To ensure the correct completion of all assessment paperwork, evidence of learner support and that it is uploaded to the e-portfolio in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all learner work is marked and fed back to the learner in a timely manner.
- To manage your own assessment diary efficiently in order to ensure maximum assessment opportunities and that each learner is supported at a minimum of once per month.
- To conduct health & safety and equal opportunities vetting and monitoring of practice and provide guidance where necessary.
- To carry out learner progress reviews with learners and their managers.
- To support learners in preparation for their dental tests and provide any necessary underpinning knowledge.
- To provide and fully document, or refer if necessary, all learner support, including but not limited to; identification and provision of additional learning or employment needs in order to maximise retention and achievement of learners.
- To facilitate communication between learner, workplace and Tempdent.
- To fully plan and prepare for each assessment in advance.
- To provide the narrative and key data for each learner’s monthly progress report.
- To attend all the online team meetings via Teams, weekly handover sessions with your line manager and regular standardisation sessions. To ensure that you meet any actions assigned to you.
- To comply with all aspects of government funded contracts including meeting all the requirements of the Education Inspection Framework.
- To contribute and work towards Tempdent’s annual self-assessment reports, ongoing development plans and progress reports.
- To achieve targets and key performance indicators set and agreed between yourself and the line manager with regards to assessing.
- To remain current in your skills and knowledge of the dental sector and legislative requirements.
- To ensure that you are responsible for fulfilling all of your CPD requirements.
- To promote and comply with all current and future equal opportunities, health and safety and safeguarding legislative requirements.
- To maintain confidentiality of Tempdent, learner and staff information.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of assessing the Dental Diploma/ Advance Apprenticeship
- Assessor qualification
- Teaching qualification(s)
- Experience of teaching either or both National Diploma or Advanced Apprenticeship.
- Experience of working within work-based learning programmes
Knowledge and Understanding
The successful person will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The Education Inspection Framework requirements
Skills and Abilities
The successful person will be able to:
- Prioritise and plan work effectively
- Meet deadlines
- Work independently and use own initiative
- Work well as part of a team
- Develop and sustain effective professional relationships and networks
- Work effectively with employers, funding and awarding bodies, consultants etc
- Be supportive & sympathetic to learner and staff needs
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Use office software packages confidently
- Negotiate. motivate, reason, persuade and challenge
- Work to a consistently high standard
CVs to be emailed to email@example.com