Join us at the BDIA Dental Showcase
About this jobPart Time Orthodontic Dental Nurse (Wimbledon)
We are a friendly and busy Specialist Orthodontic Practice based in the heart of Wimbledon and we are currently recruiting for an experienced Orthodontic nurse.
Working for 3 partners this is a busy and vibrant mixed NHS and Private practice offering a first class service to all out patients. We are looking for a dedicated Orthodontic Nurse who thrives on a challenge and is a people person with excellent communication skills.
Hours of work Monday rostered either 8:30am-18:00pm or 9:00 am -18:30pm or 9:30am - 19:00pm , Tuesday to Thursday, rostered, either 7:30am - 17:00pm, 8;30am - 18:00pm or 9:30am - 19:00pm and Fridays 7:30am - 16:30pm or 8:30am - 17:30pm. Hours may vary in the future so flexibility is ideal.
* Would have at least 1 years orthodontic nursing experience.
* Providing 4 handed dentistry
* Radiography, Impression taking and photography
* Must be registered with the General Dental Council. A copy of your registration certificate must be included with your CV.
* Must have proof of Hepatitis B immunisation.
* Must have a high level of written and spoken English.
* Must be computer literate with accurate data input skills as the Practice uses specialist software, ie Orthotrac. Must be proactive, be able to work on their own initiative and be a team player.
* Successful applicants will be subject to CRB checks.
* Applicants must be a UK or EEC citizen or have a valid visa with the right to work In the UK
The ideal candidate must
Have had previous dental experience (1 year minimum)
Be GDC registered and qualified
You will have great communication and customer service skills and have excellent clinical knowledge including awareness of HTM0105 and CQC requirements. You will keep up to date with CPD and want to progress within the industry.
Successful candidates will be provided with a rewarding environment with a great team where you can develop your skills and progress your career within a specialist practice.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Ensure that each surgery is fully prepared prior to commencement of each session.
* Keep clinical surgeries, sterilizing areas, all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate to the practice's health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions.
* Ensure that all equipment and machinery is used in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and ensure they are maintained.
* Provide chair side assistance to the dentist and patient during treatment.
* Accurately complete clinical records as directed.
Part Time Orthodontic Dental Nurse (Wimbledon)
Our Client a mixed practice seeks a part Time orthodontic dental nurse (Wimbledon)
The practice is located in the Wimbledon.
For further details please contact Trish.