What To Expect
The Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing is an 18 month government funded course and comprises of 3 main components.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills English & Maths level 2 qualifications (unless exempt, typical exemptions include Maths and English GCSEs grade A-C)
- Integrated End Point Assessment – consisting of a Synoptic Test, an Observation and Interview.
The qualification is accredited by City & Guilds and is delivered either face to face in our London Training Centre or through our unique Blended Learning programme. Our innovative & interactive E- Learning platform enables learners to access the course from anywhere in the UK.
Whichever approach you take you will be:
- Allocated a tutor who will help you with underpinning your knowledge and prepare you for the examinations
- Allocated a portfolio assessor who will guide you through the programme, assess your portfolio evidence and carry out assessment
- Allocated a workplace assessor who will carry out all of the workplace observations
- Allocated an experienced Educational Welfare Officer to support you through your course.
- If you are London based and choose to do classroom based learning, you will need to attend full day weekly classes at our head office in North London
- If you are based outside London, or choose to join our Blended Learning (online) programme, you will need to attend weekly live webinars, covering all topics and lessons.
- You will also be required to attend regional workshops where you will undertake mock exams, revision & dental & functional skills examinations. Our regional workshops take place in London, Peterborough, Manchester, Somerset, Newcastle & Southampton.
- All students have access to our unique interactive online learning platform
Take a look at apprenticeship vacancies currently advertised by Tempdent.
Enrol as an Apprentice
Enrol as an dental nurse apprentice with Tempdent now!