The Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing is a 15-18 months government funded course and is comprised of 3 main components, which is acredited by City and Guilds Awarding Body. This course is part of our…
The Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing is a 15-18 months government funded course and is comprised of 3 main components, which is acredited by City and Guilds Awarding Body. This course is part of our blended-based learning programme and offers students the chance to complete via our e-learning portfolio.
This qualification is comprised of 3 main components:
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills English & Maths level 2 qualifications (unless exempt. Typical exemptions include Maths and English GCSEs grade A-C/ or grade 4 and above)
- End Point Assessment – consisting on a synoptic project and interview
This qualification is accredited by City & Guilds and is delivered via our online blended learning platform.
Candidates must be employed as a dental nurse before enrolling onto this course. If you are not currently employed as a dental nurse, please visit our Apprenticeship Jobs Section. Tempdent uploads new vacancies to the site on a daily basis
The Diploma in Dental Nursing is a 12 month privately funded course and is comprised of the Level 3 Dental Diploma. This qualification too is awarded by City & Guilds and is delivered through our online platform.
Who should attend
- Unqualified Dental Nurses already working in a Dental Practice
- Those interested in becoming a Dental Nurse and working in Dentistry.
- Experienced but unregistered Dental Nurses who wish to obtain a Dental Nursing Qualification and join General Dental Council (GDC) register as a Dental Professional.
Intakes and venues
- We have intakes starting every January, April, July and October.
- This is a blended learning (online) course.
How to book
Contact us to express your interest in the course. Once you have confirmed your interest, we will email you a registration link in order for you to complete your enrolment.
The enrolment process comprises of:
- Completing an online application form
- Submitting evidence of passport and previous qualifications
- Undertaking a basic maths and English assessment
Once you have completed your enrolment process, you will be contacted by one of our administrators to confirm your acceptance on to the next course intake.
If you require any support in completing the enrolment process please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 020 8371 6700.
Course Fees - payable by employer
For candidate’s ineligible for government funding the fee for the qualification is £3,600 plus VAT. Please note that this is for the diploma in dental nursing, a 12 month privately funded qualification – leading to GDC registration. Unless you are fully government funded you will be required to pay a minimum deposit of £800.00 at your enrolment, in order to secure your place.