Tempdent offers the National Diploma for Dental Nurses and the Advanced Apprenticeship for Dental Nurses courses as classroom based courses, as well as online courses, giving you the flexibility to study in your own time and at your own pace.Our online dental nurse course is also called a blended learning course as it blends the convenience of using an online e-learning platform and a paper-free web-based portfolio with the benefit of having face to face contact with our tutors and assessors.
Knowledge at your fingertips
Upon starting the dental nurse course, trainees are provided with details for accessing their personal online platform containing all resources, such as webinars, audio and PowerPoint presentations, videos and assessment tools. These resources will help you prepare for your exams and provide you with the knowledge needed for preparing your coursework. You will also be using an electronic portfolio, where all coursework will be uploaded, marked by your assessor and feedback given to you in order to help you learn and improve.
During the regional workshops, all dental trainees will meet their tutor and/or and assessor; this is also an excellent opportunity to meet your fellow students and organize your own study groups. Advanced Apprenticeship students will have their assessor visit them at the workplace, providing them with practical support and advice, as well as carrying out observations.
Blended learning - The best of both worlds
- Flexibility & balance – find your balance and fit your studies around your work and life. Online tests, audio presentations and reading materials will allow you to study on the move.
- Convenience & comfort – study in the comfort of your own surroundings and save time & money by avoiding the commute.
- Focus – study when you are at your most productive, day or night.
- Individual support – help, customized to meet your needs, is always at hand from your assessor. Response time? 24 hours.
- Control – take control of your learning and study at your own pace. Our online platform will allow you access to all learning materials for the duration of your course so whether you need to revisit a topic or work a little ahead, you are in charge.
- Workshops & webinars – you will attend 3 workshops during the course where you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow students and take part in revision sessions prior to taking your exams. During your interactive webinars you’ll receive guidance on how to complete your coursework.