About this job
Dental Nurse wanted for biological dental practice in Harley Street Full Time
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual, who has the ability to work within a team
and also on their own initiative. Experience preferred but may also suit a trainee or recently.
qualified nurse with the right attitude and openness to learn and grow.
The position is for 37.5hrs per week but there is some room for flexibility
Pay is between £11 -£16 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
- Provide comprehensive nursing support in a biological dental practice, with a focus on surgical
procedures and adherence to the principles of holistic and biocompatible dentistry.
- Assist our dentists during various surgical dental procedures, ensuring patient comfort and
- Prepare treatment rooms and ensure they are properly sanitized and equipped with necessary
instruments and materials
- Educate patients about the biological and holistic approach to dental care, emphasising the
connection between oral health and overall well-being.
- Implement and maintain strict infection control protocols, ensuring a safe and sterile
- Assist with the safe removal of amalgam fillings, following established protocols to minimize
patient and staff exposure to mercury vapors.
- Promote the use of biocompatible dental materials and products, such as mercury-free fillings
and metal-free restorations.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as naturopaths or nutritionists, to address
the underlying factors affecting patients' oral health.
- Conduct biological compatibility testing to identify any potential sensitivities or allergies to
dental materials, guiding treatment decisions.
- Provide oral hygiene instructions and recommendations, emphasizing the importance of nutrition
and lifestyle factors in maintaining optimal oral health.
- Maintain accurate and detailed patient records, including treatment plans, progress notes, and
any relevant biological or holistic considerations.
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments and billing
- Stay updated with the latest developments, research, and best practices in biological and
holistic dentistry through continuous learning and professional development activities.
- Certification or diploma in dental nursing from an accredited institution.
- Registration with the GDC
- Familiarity with or openness to learn about the principles and practices of holistic and
- Proficient in infection control protocols and sterilization techniques specific to biological dental
- Excellent communication and patient education skills to explain the biological and holistic
approach to dental care.
- Ability to work collaboratively with dentists, hygienists, and other healthcare professionals.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Interested please get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org